I hear you, you really wish you could eat more vegetables, but yeah really, you need to cook them and sometimes they don’t even taste good. Oddly enough, acai bowls and roasted pumpkin look yummy only on Instagram. Results: you end up eating always the same greens over and over. That was until you read my post and learn about my ace-on-the-sleeve recipe: the cauliflower gratin!
My favorite is cauliflower gratin because it works perfectly with bechamel. But in reality, you can “gratin” almost everything, and especially broccoli, endive, potatoes, i.e. the vegetables that, alone, are bitter or bland. And that, of all, is already a very good point to vary your green diet.
This is why I call it magic: gratin is easy to cook and it makes everything good and elaborated. You know, like healthy adult cooking and all.
To be honest, this gratin is the only way for me to eat cauliflower. So for those who thought they didn’t like cauliflower until now: try that recipe and a whole new world will open up.
for 4 persons
- 1 cauliflower
- grated cheese
- Bechamel sauce
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Remove the green parts of the cauliflower and keep only the “flowers”. Wash and steam them so they become tender (you know they’re cooked when the fork enters with no effort) but not mashed.
- Place the cauliflower in an oven-safe dish, add salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Pour the bechamel sauce all over (homemade or already-made, depending on the time you have).
- Grate cheese on top – I recommend Emmentaler as it grills better than Parmigiano.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 200°C (with the grill on for half the time).
That’s it, you have a healthy, tasty dish and it took you less than 30 minutes. Terrific, I know…
Let me know how it goes, especially if you try cauliflower for the first time!